SEO Article Posted by Internet Marketing Speaker on 05-10-2006
Todd over at Stuntdubl has a great post on 18 Questions Your CEO Forgot to Ask When Building Your Website. I’m going to give you a quick summary but you will need to go read his article to get the details!
1. Do we have a brandable domain?
2. Who should we host with that will be reliable?
3. Do we need pretty urls and will we use sub domains?
4. What is your websites business model and how are we unique?
5. Who is our target demographic and what will they search for?
6. What will the information architecture be like? What are the important top level keywords?
7. What platform should we use?
8. How do we create a professional design?
9. How do we prove high credibility?
10. What ideas can we use for linkbait?
11. If we can’t create great bait, how do we buy, barter, and beg for links?
12. Where else can we advertise?
13. What will we use for tracking and analysis?
14. What will help increase conversions and/or actions and how can we provide users incentives to stay or return?
15. How will we keep administration simple for the entire staff to use?
16. How can we manage our reputation?
17. How do we make the site “cluetrain friendly” and build a strong community environment?
18. How do we scale and specialize for effective use of time?
Todd really has given this a lot of thought and has some great resources in this post. You can read 18 Questions here. Since I work with a lot of startups who are trying to get traction on the web-I think this is a list that needs to be addressed before you spend one dime of that angel investors money! More comments to follow.
Before You Spend $$-Read This!