A recent visitor to my site found it by doing a Google search for: “best keywords for new site.” I applaud the forward thinking of this visitor. While I’m not sure whether their intentions are to find great keywords for search marketing and pay per click campaigns or they have seen entire web sites built with no keywords to be found!
Here are a few of my most popular articles on search marketing Read the rest of this entry »
We have been offering optimized press releases and posts for selected clients. A press release that is optimized for the search engines is one of the most effective and quickest ways for a business to generate traffic to a website. If your website is nowhere to be found in a Google search and you are spending thousands of dollars a month on pay per click-then yes, we are talking to you! We have talked about the struggle of getting out of the Google Sandbox and having your site actually show up on the first page through search engine optimization techniques. Read the rest of this entry »
Hopefully by now our readers are starting to get an appreciation of what good search engine optimization can do to help you in your online marketing efforts. You have seen us mention more than once in our reviews that “this site is poised to improve in desired search terms-if the site can be opened up!
Paulette Ensign is the owner of the next site we are reviewing today called Tips Booklets. This site has great potential! Credit is owed to those who put forth the effort to build good content and back links, and that effort was rewarded by Google giving it a PR5 on the home page.
This site is already placed on the first page of Google for ‘small business promotion’ and other like terms – and that’s out of over 40 million! Well done Paulette! Read the rest of this entry »
We have two SEO luncheons scheduled this week in Denver, Colorado. The first is Tuesday January 16th, 1PM at Ristorante Piatte, which is located at 190 St. Paul Street in cherry creek North. This is a great central location for our SEO luncheons and they have wireless Internet access to boot!
The second luncheon will be Thursday, January 18th, 1PM at Wellshire Restaurant, 3333 S. Colorado Blvd. The cost is $100 per person and we will meet for approximately an hour and a half.
Depending on what your most pressing needs and questions are-we will tailor the SEO luncheon to address them. Our firm does build search engine friendly web sites and we also do a lot of work on website rebuilds. Clients who have spent a lot of money on a good looking site that Google will never find are not very happy when I tell them they need to have a redo to make their site search engine friendly! So, before you spend any money on building a website come to our luncheon to find out the ten critical questions you want to ask your web site designer. There are many website builders out there but very few also employ Search Engine Optimization techniques to websites.
Call me at 303-619-8972 or send me an email to register for these SEO luncheons.
Is Your Website Making You Money?
Technorati Tags: Denver SEO, Internet Marketing, Web Design Denver, Blogging
Happy New Year! It’s time to start the Search Engine Optimization luncheons again. The complete Denver SEO luncheon schedule for January is now ready. We are still meeting for an hour and a half and are adding a few topics that readers have suggested :
1. How to determine if your web designer has any ideas about SEO.
2. How do you determine what categories you must dominate.
3. The best tools for cracking into the top 10 of a Google search for your category.
4. How your pages can be optimized to put more money in your pocket.
5. What tools you need to monitor your results.
A handout will be provided and we look forward to meeting you at our informative and relaxed luncheons!
Bring your SEO questions!
Maybe I’m lucky that my Website Search Engine Optimization firm is located in Denver Colorado. Up here you can see for miles and your mind is not as cluttered. I always liked the way that Rand over at SEOmoz defined SEO :
“optimization involves researching the right terms to target, modifying the site to be search-engine friendly and marketing/promotion of the site to improve popularity.” Read the rest of this entry »
A client sent me a copy of an email last week titled Confessions of a Black Hat SEO. When I saw the client this morning at Starbucks I mentioned the article, and thanked him for passing it on. I then said, nothing new but all valid points. He looked surprised and said : “We’ve never talked about My Space and how about Squidoo?” Alas, he was right-I didn’t think they were worth the effort at this stage of his Search Engine Optimization efforts!
Which brings up an interesting point for those doing their own Internet Marketing SEO efforts or for SEO firms helping clients-What are the biggest payoffs early in the game? Here is a list of things I focus on :
1. Get a blog to supplement your Internet marketing program-be sure that it is linked to your website and that your website is linked to your blog.
2. Set up your WordPress blog to automatically ping all the search engines.
3. With every blog post use your Technorati tags and Del.icio.us tags. Those two things alone are huge and will greatly increase your traction with search engines.
4. Always use your keywords in your tags as well as your categories.
5. Give your readers an option to use RSS feeds as well as email sign ups.
6. Try to incorporate keywords in your URL.
7. Don’t only tag your keywords in Technorati and Del.icio.us but also tag your keyword phrases.
8. Read your analytics program daily and incorporate keywords and phrases that potential customers are using to find your blog. A few of my favorites are : Site Meter, Stat Counter, Google Analytics and Crazy Egg.
9. Start an aggressive link building campaign.
10. If you have a website and it is nowhere to be found in the search engines the chances are pretty good you need a rewrite of your site. We recently did a modified rewrite for a client who had flash on his site. Less than a month later, critical web pages are showing up in Google searches. If I had to do it again-this is the very first think I would have clients focus on.
There you have it. These are the critical components I would focus on in your SEO efforts. There are countless other things you can do-but I feel these will give you the biggest bang for your buck!! Hope you all had a great Christmas and Holiday Season and we look forward to helping you all have a very prosperous Happy New Year!
Technorati Tags: Denver SEO, Del.icio.us, Technorati, Google Analytics, Crazy Egg
Today I went online to order the best almond toffee in the world-Enstrom’s Almond Toffee. This is made in my home town of Grand Junction Colorado and it really is a great gift to give! But, when I went online and put in my order an error message came back and asked me to re-enter my order. I did so and got a new message that the site was down for maintenance-Ouch!!
Small business owners work very hard on their SEO and marketing efforts-so be sure that your site is up to par as we head into the Christmas Holiday crunch!
You Can Order Over the Phone!
The week of December 18-22nd will be the last of our SEO Luncheons for 2006. The next two Denver SEO Luncheons will be December 19th, 1PM at Yia Yia’s Eurocafe and the December 21st, 1PM SEO luncheon will be at Wellshire Restaurant.
I’ve had some requests to expand the luncheons beyond my south east Denver neighborhood-so let me know if you have some other locations in mind. We will be scheduling a SEO luncheon in Colorado Springs in January. Next week I will publish the full Denver SEO luncheon schedule for January and February 2007. Let me know if you have additional suggestions for SEO luncheon locations.
PS. No, “D”, we will not be holding the SEO luncheons at Hooters!
Denver SEO Luncheons
Technorati Tags: Denver SEO, Internet Marketing, Hooters, SEO